Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology
|Venue:||The County Hotel, Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DF|
The County Hotel, Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne
(accommodation is bookable separately when you complete the online booking form)
|Organised by:||and Chaired by Dr Aditya Sharma|
ProgrammeProgramme to be confirmed
At the end of the module, delegates would be expected:
- to be aware of the issues of drug treatments and the developing brain
- to be updated on recent advances in the drug treatment of psychoses in children and adolescents
- to be aware of the advances in understanding the neurobiology of depression in young people and the role of SSRIs and other new antidepressants
- to be updated on the use of drugs in the treament of Tourette's syndrome and OCD in children and adolescents
- to have the opportunity to raise questions with a panel of experts
- to have the opportunity to join practical workshops on prescribing
- to learn how to critically appraise the evidence for drug treatments in children and adolescents
This module is eligible for 10 CPD hours which are subject to peer group review.
Feedback from October 2018 module
"Outstanding and clinically relevant as always!"
"Excellent – clear, relevant research and real clinical focus "
"A really useful course"
"Excellent training – I will recommend this course"