Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology
|Venue:||Park Plaza Hotel, Maid Marian Way, Nottingham, NG1 6GD|
Park Plaza Hotel, Maid Marian Way, Nottingham, NG1 6GD
(accommodation is bookable separately when you complete the online booking form)
|Organised by:||and Chaired by Dr Aditya Sharma and Professor Samuele Cortese|
ProgrammeProgramme to be confirmed
At the end of the module, delegates would be expected:
- to be aware of the issues of drug treatments and the developing brain
- to be updated on recent advances in the drug treatment of psychoses in children and adolescents
- to be aware of the advances in understanding the neurobiology of depression in young people and the role of SSRIs and other new antidepressants
- to be updated on the use of drugs in the treament of Tourette's syndrome and OCD in children and adolescents
- to have the opportunity to raise questions with a panel of experts
- to have the opportunity to join practical workshops on prescribing
- to learn how to critically appraise the evidence for drug treatments in children and adolescents
This module is eligible for 10 CPD hours which are subject to peer group review.
Feedback from March 2019 module
"My first BAP course. Well worth the time and effort and it will change my practice for the better"
"Very relevant, how can this be rolled out across the country to standardize quality of patient care? It’s needed everywhere!"
"Excellent choice of hotel, warm and comfortable room, food was great and the staff were friendly. Very good. Susan Chandler was an excellent organiser, great content and organisation – in fact the best I’ve ever encountered, thank you. It was an excellent course and I will definitely come again"