Drug Treatments in Old Age Psychiatry
|Date:||Thursday 8th October 2020 – Friday 9th October 2020|
|Venue:||The Royal Station Hotel, Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DH|
The Royal Station Hotel, Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DH
(accommodation is bookable separately when you complete the online booking form)
|Organised by:||John O’Brien and John-Paul Taylor|
|Booking Status:||FULLY BOOKED. Please email to be placed on the waiting list.|
ProgrammeProgramme to be confirmed
- to be aware of current clinical trials for the treatment of cognitive and non-cognitive features of Alzheimer's disease
- to be updated on current thinking for the treatment of dementia of the Lewy body type
- to have had an opportunity to raise questions about specific aspects of treatment with a panel of experts
- to be aware of current thinking of the special issues for the treatment of depression in older people
- to be aware of current thinking in relation to the treatment of psychosis in older people
This module is eligible for 10 CPD hours which are subject to peer group review.
Feedback from 2019 Module
"A very valuable course that is always well presented and well organised. It’s a shame it is only once a year as it is always oversubscribed!"
"Excellent! Lots of information given. Very organised, well-paced and lots of time for discussion"
"Very well organised and timetabled well. Plenty of time for questions"
"This two-day course is a must attend for any old age psychiatrist. It is packed with the latest evidence base available. The informal scenario sessions collate a huge range of clinical practice and expertise. Highly recommended"