Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology
|Venue:||The Royal Station Hotel, Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DH|
The Royal Station Hotel, Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DH
(accommodation is bookable separately when you complete the online booking form)
|Organised by:||and Chaired by Dr Aditya Sharma and Professor Samuele Cortese|
ProgrammeProgramme to be confirmed
- To be aware of the issues of drug treatments and the developing brain
- To be updated on recent advances in the drug treatment of psychoses in children and adolescents
- To be aware of the advances in understanding the neurobiology of depression in young people and the role of SSRIs and other new antidepressants
- To be updated on the use of drugs in the treatment of Tourette’s syndrome and OCD in children and adolescents
- To have the opportunity to raise questions with a panel of experts
- To have the opportunity to join practical workshops on prescribing
- To learn how to critically appraise the evidence for drug treatments in children and adolescents
This module is eligible for 10 CPD hours which are subject to peer group review.
Feedback from October 2019 module
"I feel very much better informed and my confidence in knowledge has increased"
"I will change my prescribing practice as a result of this module particularly around ADHD/ASD"
"Really well-run course, thank you. Good venue and excellent presenters"