Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology
|Venue:||The County Hotel, Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DF|
The County Hotel, Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne
(accommodation is chargeable separately when you complete the online booking form)
|Organised by:||Professor Chris Hollis and Dr Aditya Sharma|
ProgrammeProgramme to be confirmed
- To be aware of the issues of drug treatments and the developing brain
- To be updated on recent advances in the drug treatment of psychoses in children and adolescents
- To be aware of the advances in understanding the neurobiology of depression in young people and the role of SSRIs and other new antidepressants
- To be updated on the use of drugs in the treatment of Tourette’s syndrome and OCD in children and adolescents
- To have the opportunity to raise questions with a panel of experts
- To have the opportunity to join practical workshops on prescribing
- To learn how to critically appraise the evidence for drug treatments in children and adolescents
This module is eligible for 10 CPD hours which are subject to peer group review.
Feedback from November 2017 module
"Was great, thanks very much. Excellent course and very popular"
"Overall; excellent organisation, speakers, content and allocation of timetable"
"This definitely gives me some concepts and perspectives and practical points to enhance my skills and knowledge for prescribing"
"Could easily have been three days long as each lecture could have taken half a day. Extremely helpful clinically – I learned a lot that will be very useful in clinical practice"
"The group work was very good and useful"
"Excellent conference, thanks!"