2020 Summer Meeting, London
19th July 2020 – 22nd July 2020
Bursaries for BAP Training Members
The BAP Council welcomes its responsibility to support young scientists early in their career. 25 Training Member bursaries will be available to assist young scientists attending the 2020 Summer Meeting in London. The closing date for applications will be 13 March 2020 and the following conditions apply:
- Bursaries are not available to those who received a bursary to attend the 2019 Summer Meeting in Manchester.
- Bursaries are only available to BAP Training Members.
- BAP Membership must be in place by no later than 18 February 2020.
- Applicants who were in receipt of a bursary in 2018 must have had continuous, paid-up membership in 2019 in order to be eligible to apply for a bursary in 2020.
- Applicants must submit an abstract for the 2020 Summer Meeting and must check the appropriate box under the abstract submission form.
- An email of support must be sent from the applicant’s supervisor, summarising the work covered by the applicant and justifying the request for a bursary.
It is the responsibility of the applicant and their supervisor to ensure that the email of support is sent to at the BAP Office by the deadline of 13 March 2020.
- The deadline for receipt of bursary application, abstract and email of support is 13 March 2020.
- No incomplete applications will be considered.
- No late applications will be considered.
Applicants will be notified with a decision by 1 May 2020. Bursaries will be awarded as follows:
- Registration fee for the Summer Meeting will be waived
- A maximum of £200 towards travel and accommodation will be reimbursed after the meeting upon submission of relevant receipts to the BAP Office
Bursary recipients are expected to join the team of meeting bloggers during the event.
Bursary applicants should not complete a registration form until they have received a decision about their bursary.