2020 Summer Meeting, London
19th July 2020 – 22nd July 2020
BAP Undergraduate Awards
We encourage psychopharmacology undergraduate students to attend the Summer Meeting and are committed to providing support for these participants. Undergraduate students do not have to hold membership of BAP to attend the meeting.
Undergraduate students are those enrolled on a Batchelor’s degree (or Master’s degree as their first degree) and medical students. Postgraduate students enrolled on a Master’s degree may submit their abstract according to the deadline below, but are not eligible for the Undergraduate Award. Please contact the BAP office if you are unsure of your eligibility.
The BAP Undergraduate Awards are awarded to the best psychopharmacology submissions (abstract, summary statement, poster) at the annual summer meeting by undergraduate students.
The Awards provide undergraduates with the experience of attending a national scientific meeting and encourage young psychopharmacologists to pursue a research- active career.
The scheme runs as follows:
- Undergraduate Students will submit an abstract (via the website) by 24 April 2020.
- Undergraduate Students will also submit a one-page summary statement to at the BAP Office by 24 April 2020, describing the project work performed and indicating the contribution that they have made to the work described.
- Deadline for submission of the abstracts and one-page summary will be one month later than that for all other abstract submissions, to enable undergraduates to have completed their studies.
- Deadline for Undergraduate Student abstracts and Summary Statements will be 24 April 2020.
- The undergraduate student does not need to be BAP Training Member, but must be sponsored by a Full member of the BAP.
- The undergraduate presenter of each accepted poster will be provided with free registration for the meeting. A total of £100 towards travel and accommodation will be reimbursed after the meeting upon submission of relevant receipts to the BAP Office.
- The best submissions (a maximum of four, based on the abstract, summary statement and poster) will be selected by the Review Panel during the Summer Meeting to receive a 2020 Undergraduate Award.
- Awards comprise £100 and a ticket for the conference dinner (or reimbursement if a ticket has previously been purchased).