2020 Summer Meeting, London
19th July 2020 – 22nd July 2020
Bursaries for BAP Post-Doctoral Members
Ten BAP bursaries will be available specifically for post-doctoral researchers attending the 2020 Summer Meeting in London. To be eligible for a bursary, post-doctoral researchers are defined as clinical or non-clinical scientists who will have received their PhD (or equivalent terminal degree) no more than five years before the deadline for application. The closing date for applications will be 13 March 2020 and the following conditions apply:
- Bursaries are not available to those who received a bursary to attend the 2019 Summer meeting.
- Bursaries are only available to BAP Early Career / Full Members.
- BAP Membership must be in place by no later than 18 February 2020.
- Applicants who were in receipt of a bursary in 2018 must have had continuous, paid-up membership in 2019 in order to be eligible to apply for a bursary in 2020.
- Applicants must submit an abstract for the 2020 Summer Meeting and must check the appropriate box under the abstract submission form.
- The deadline for receipt of bursary application and abstract is 13 March 2020.
- No incomplete applications will be considered.
- No late applications will be considered.
Applicants will be notified with a decision by 1 May 2020. Bursaries will be awarded as follows:
- Registration fee for the Summer Meeting will be waived
- A maximum of £200 towards travel and accommodation will be reimbursed after the meeting upon submission of relevant receipts to the BAP Office
Bursary recipients are expected to join the team of meeting bloggers during the event.
The Abstract Review Panel will award the bursaries.
Bursary applicants should not complete a registration form until they have received a decision about their bursary.